A native objc command line music/audio player for iPhone and iPod Touch 1.0-1.1.5 firmware.
MPFree usage: mpfree "arg"
No args will default to reading the existing /private/var/mpfree.txt if it exists for getting the filepath or url to play. /private/var/mpfree.txt must only contain one line with the filepath or url desired.
- mpfree "url or filepath", mpfree http://somesite.com/a.mp3, mpfree /var/a.m4a, Play local file at full local path or play file at url. To stream files remotely, you must have a network connection.
- mpfree --help Display this text.
- mpfree --version Display the current MPFree version number.
- Q: Why is nothing playing?. A: Double check what you wrote in the /private/var/mpfree.txt file or provided as an arg. Do you have a network connection if your streaming a file? Do you have headphones if your using an iPod Touch (as they do not have traditional external speakers like iPhones).
- Q: Why does MPFree default to the last arg given when no args are provided? A: MPFree reads the file /private/var/mpfree.txt when no args are given. If args are given, it writes the arg to this file.
- Q: Does this work in the background from Mobile Terminal and remotely over SSH? A: Yes.
- Q: What files are supported? A: Anything the iPhone/iPod Touch supports.
- Q: How do I stop audio/the program after playing a file? A: Use ctrl + c to kill mpfree, you can even do this from the Mobile Terminal wheel.
- Q:My file will not play? A: Try playing it again. If it still does not play, the iPhone/iPod Touch might not support it.
- An original iPhone or iPod Touch jailbroken on firmware 1.0-1.1.5.
- If installing the PXL, you'll need a Windows XP SP2-Windows 10 32 bit computer with iBrickr or a Mac running Mac OS X 10.4.10-10.9.5 with Breezy.
Building From Source Requirements
- A firmware 1.0-1.1.5 toolchain. LTI can install that for you.
- AppTapp Unofficial Installer.app source for firmware 1.0-1.1.5.
- The PXL repository for firmware 1.0-1.1.5.
Building From Source
Cd into the extracted source directory. These are the make rules:
- default (clean and make binary).
- mpfree (make binary).
- zip (clean, make binary, and zip.
- pxl (clean, make binary, zip, and make a pxl package).
- clean (delete temp files/build files).
For manual installing, unzip the built zip to / on the iPhone or iPod Touch. Then execute the command.